For Now...
Before I give my update, I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for all of your wonderful and encouraging messages of support. My heartfelt thanks to each and every person who contacted me yesterday, you know who you are! I am incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic network of friends. :)
Well, I did it. I stepped on the scales this morning. I would love to say it was with some trepidation but it wasn't, it was with absolute certainty that I was the heaviest I've ever been.
I wasn't wrong!
Hi by the way, and welcome back! If you've just come to have a nosy at what the scales said, don't worry, I won't keep you long. Before I reveal my weight though, I just found it absolutely staggering that the start weight when I first joined Slimming World many moons ago is now a very long way off. It could even be a good interim target to aim for... shameful! I'm not a Slimming World member at the moment; I want to see if I can do this on my own but I won't rule out going back if I need to.
So... the scales this morning said....................... "One at a time please!" Ok, well not quite, but they did say 14 stone 9 lbs (I can barely type that!) was almost the same. A far cry from the slim, sporty young woman I used to be. I've definitely eaten her.
I didn't get upset. I was expecting a horror show and, for me, I got it. The Blob, anyone?! If anything, it made me more excited about this "project". Imagine how good it will be to say I lost "x" lbs when I finally reach my goal? Quite what that is yet, I don't even know. What I do know is that I have a long way to go before I need to be worrying about putting any final numbers in place!
I used my disgust as motivation and really had a positive start to what promises to a long mission! Ate healthily and had a beasting from my personal trainer at the gym after work. I told him all about this blog and he said he will be checking I'm behaving when he goes on holiday next month!
I'll do another post before the Bank Holiday weekend - during which I will do an overall "round-up" of how the week has gone featuring what I've been up to and any particularly good recipes I've tried. That reminds me, I have decided that this week's Pinch of Nom recipe is going to be Spaghetti Carbonara - I will be sure to let you know how I get on and provide photo evidence - if I don't end up hospitalised with food poisoning that is; cooking is not a strength!
I am determined not to weigh myself every day- a pointless exercise that I used to get really hung up on when I've tried to lose weight before. I will wait until Monday before I check how I am doing again.
So, that's it for today folks. For my musical pals, today's title is a track from Avenue Q, After weighing myself this morning, I can safely say "It Sucks to Be Me", but I've found my "Purpose" and I promise, that appalling figure is only "For Now"....
Kayleigh x
Well, I did it. I stepped on the scales this morning. I would love to say it was with some trepidation but it wasn't, it was with absolute certainty that I was the heaviest I've ever been.
I wasn't wrong!
Hi by the way, and welcome back! If you've just come to have a nosy at what the scales said, don't worry, I won't keep you long. Before I reveal my weight though, I just found it absolutely staggering that the start weight when I first joined Slimming World many moons ago is now a very long way off. It could even be a good interim target to aim for... shameful! I'm not a Slimming World member at the moment; I want to see if I can do this on my own but I won't rule out going back if I need to.
So... the scales this morning said....................... "One at a time please!" Ok, well not quite, but they did say 14 stone 9 lbs (I can barely type that!) was almost the same. A far cry from the slim, sporty young woman I used to be. I've definitely eaten her.
I didn't get upset. I was expecting a horror show and, for me, I got it. The Blob, anyone?! If anything, it made me more excited about this "project". Imagine how good it will be to say I lost "x" lbs when I finally reach my goal? Quite what that is yet, I don't even know. What I do know is that I have a long way to go before I need to be worrying about putting any final numbers in place!
I used my disgust as motivation and really had a positive start to what promises to a long mission! Ate healthily and had a beasting from my personal trainer at the gym after work. I told him all about this blog and he said he will be checking I'm behaving when he goes on holiday next month!
I'll do another post before the Bank Holiday weekend - during which I will do an overall "round-up" of how the week has gone featuring what I've been up to and any particularly good recipes I've tried. That reminds me, I have decided that this week's Pinch of Nom recipe is going to be Spaghetti Carbonara - I will be sure to let you know how I get on and provide photo evidence - if I don't end up hospitalised with food poisoning that is; cooking is not a strength!
I am determined not to weigh myself every day- a pointless exercise that I used to get really hung up on when I've tried to lose weight before. I will wait until Monday before I check how I am doing again.
So, that's it for today folks. For my musical pals, today's title is a track from Avenue Q, After weighing myself this morning, I can safely say "It Sucks to Be Me", but I've found my "Purpose" and I promise, that appalling figure is only "For Now"....
Kayleigh x

Comments
Post a Comment