Week One Update - Success!

Weigh in #1: Lost 5.5lbs!
Current weight: 14stone 3.5lbs.

Wowzers. Well, I was pleasantly surprised with week number one. I guess it goes to show that I am capable of doing it when I put my mind to it. For me, the issue is always is sticking to it long term hence the need for this blog!

Stepping on the scales and seeing this difference certainly made me smile. I did a little dance around the living room, not going to lie! (hey, if it burns more calories, who cares if I look like a muppet?!)

Weekly Overview
Favourite meal:
My spaghetti carbonara from Pinch of Nom, mainly because I'm so surprised I made it without inflicting food poisoning on anyone!

Exercise:
Two personal training sessions.
Two Couch to 5K runs.
1 five a side football match (20 mins on pitch and 20 mins in goal)
Whilst the above is definitely good, I think I need to be more active with walking. I haven't worn my FitBit for a couple of months. It really helps to keep me focussed so I need to get wearing it again. 

Hurdles this week
HOLIDAY! I go on a four night holiday (three nights of which is an all inclusive cruise!) this Saturday. I do not intend to "diet" whilst I'm on holiday but I won't be stupid (i.e. it will still be Diet Coke in my mixers, not the full fat job!). I am also going to do a Couch to 5K run whilst I am on the ship and get my FitBit ready to make sure I at least get my steps in whilst we are away!

I am going to make sure I am good this week in the lead up to my trip. Of course, I will get straight back to it on my return! I will weigh myself on Saturday morning before I leave - this obviously won't be a full week so I am not expecting the same level of success! I would love to lose 7lbs in total before I go so 1.5lbs and I will be happy.

Each week I am going to introduce something that will help with my overall mission.

This week, I have chosen to DRINK MORE WATER! This is something I have always been pretty bad at. I am a fizzy drink fiend! I will cut down on that though and make a conscious effort to drink more H20 instead. My Joseph Joseph bottle is a huge help with this. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it is a water bottle that helps track how much you've had each day by clicking the top of the bottle. Each click represents 1 dot, 1 dot represents a bottle consumed! You should really be aiming for 4 a day. Here's a picture of the bottles so you can see what I mean, along with the link to the website...

Image result for joseph joseph water bottle


I will give this a go and let you know how I am getting on!

Well that's enough for now, I shall update on Thursday!

Speak to you then.  In the meantime, have a great week!

Kayleigh x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Now...

Mid-Week 1 Update

"Something has changed within me, something is not the same!"