Mid-Week 1 Update

I promised another update before the weekend so here it is! I had intended to write one yesterday but if I'm honest I was far too tired last night after my busy day.

- Gym in the morning (06:30 - those of you who know me, and the fact I hate mornings, will know what an achievement this is!)
- Very productive, jam-packed day at work
- Five a side football match
- Cooked dinner!

Yes, that's right, true to my word, I cooked the Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from the Pinch of Nom website. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say I am useless in the kitchen. My Grandad gave me "boiling an egg" lessons on several occasions! Consequently, I am ridiculously proud that I made this and it actually tasted really good! 

Here, my friends, is the proof!


If you'd like to try the recipe out, here it is... http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-spaghetti-carbonara-slimming-world/

I would really recommend it. I used bacon instead of gammon (cutting all the fat off before I cooked it) and I didn't use mustard powder, purely because I didn't really fancy that! It definitely wasn't needed and I was really surprised at how this didn't taste like a "diet" meal. Try it out and let me know what you think!

The week has been going pretty well! Have I been perfect? No. My Mum and I shared a bottle of Prosecco last night for her birthday! Do I regret it? No! It tasted good! That was the first alcohol of the week - I am sure it won't be the last, mainly as I am going for a meal for Mum's birthday on Sunday, but I am going to avoid pints!

Today, a colleague has brought in some goodies because she goes on maternity leave after today! I'm not going to lie... I've had a few! (Feel really bad as there's practically nobody in the office, I have to help out right?! BUT I have written everything down and I am going to burn the calories from the goodies off at the gym before weigh-in on Monday morning).

That aside, I think I am making good progress! I guess we won't know until I step on the scales on Monday but I certainly feel that I deserve to have lost. I've had two personal training sessions this week (I wanted to throttle him because he beasted me!) and I have also re-started the Couch to 5K app. This time around, I chose Michael Johnson as my trainer. Last time, I had Sarah Millican but now she advertises McDonald's breakfasts on the radio, I decided I better not or I'll be craving a McMuffin! (Talk about mixed messaging eh!?)

So that's enough for now. I'm off to enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend after work today. I'll aim to do an update on Sunday ahead of the first weigh in on Monday morning... Eek!

Have a lovely weekend folks!

Kayleigh x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Now...

"Something has changed within me, something is not the same!"